Who is collecting the data?
I, K. Wozniak as an owner of Just J Bead-Patterns Shop and website, am collecting personal data.
What data is collected?
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address (if needed), payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example) if you contact me directly.
What is the legal basis for data processing?
I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary. Legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services. I use your information as necessary to comply with my obligations as a seller and as a taxpayer.
Will the data be made available to third parties?
I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties: hosting company, bookkeeping, mailing, etc. to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: respond to legal process or to government requests; enforce my agreements, terms, and policies; prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on consent and contractual necessity.
How will the data be used?
The personal data I collect will be used for:
- fulfilling your order,
- providing customer support;
- keeping you informed on shop news and updates
How long will the data be stored?
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have the right to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How can the data subject raise a complaint?
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, […], am the data controller of your personal information. If you would like to contact me to access, correct or delete personal information you may mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org